Bloody Hell...My Favorite Tampons are missing!!!!

I am crampy, my lady parts are swollen and pulsating and apparently OB no longer makes tampons, WTF?!?!?!

I am distraught, confused, I feel like I lost my best friend. I have been using OB tampons for over sixteen years.

I awoke Tuesday morning running late and my cycle came fast and furious. I went to grab one from the box and saw there was only one left. I usually only have to buy them every other month. I made a mental note to make sure I ran to the store prior to heading to work.

I got the boys all off to school, finished getting ready, called ahead to work to let the boss know I would be a few minutes late and I headed to Wal-Mart. I knew what I need so I headed right to the aisle to where they have always been but they were not there.

I was thinking, “Great they rearrange stuff again? Not today I am in a hurry!” I strolled up and down the aisle growing more frantic by the second.

“WHERE ARE THEY?” I cursed under my breath. I found myself having a lady tantrum in the personal hygiene aisle. Irritated I set out to find a Wal-Mart person. When I finally set eyes on one I walked up to her and( looking back admittedly I probably rudely) asked, Where the heck are the OB tampons?”

This short little foreign lady looks at me and says, “"Haven't you heard on the news? They discontinued them however you can get them on eBay for about $75.00."

Black market tampons? SERIOUSLY????? On top of that her little condescending tone was about to push me over the edge.

If I had known they were going to quit making them I would have stock piled them! I will not take this change well :(

4 comments:

That Girl said...

omg, i am so laughing at your comment about black market tampons. LOL

however, i totally know where you are coming from!!!

i had a similar meltdown when i heard, quite by accident, that a certain bladder relaxer that i take as soon as i feel a bladder infection coming on, has been discontinued!!! i couldn't effin believe it.

these things are like omg, like, well, lets just put it this way. i'll be climing the walls without them. like you, i really think that we should be givin prior warning although with non-pers. items like tampons that would be difficult.

nonetheless, i was lucky in that i went to the local drug store and they gave me the last 50 pills (with a note from my doc) that they had on their shelves. i have to say though, i felt quite guilty for cleaning them out. what about the next poor bugger that comes looking in a panic?

i hope you find (found) something comparable.

Calliope said...

JACK POT- I found 6 boxes which I purchased. I have never spent that much on tampons in one setting, but at least I now have the ones I love. *happy*

That Girl said...

funny!!

Big Geek said...

I just have to ask... was the title "Bloody Hell" a coincidence in a post relating to menses?