Kissing Facts




*The science of kissing is called philematology.

*A real kiss quickens your pulse to 100 beats in a minute

*50% of all people kiss before they turn 14. (I am not in that 50%. I didn't get my first kiss until I was 19.)

*An average woman kisses about 79 men before getting married. (I only kissed 1 person and my husband, so 2 people total until recently ;)

*Kissing is a physical expression of deep affection or love between two people, in which the sensations of touch, taste, and smell are involved. (Or in can be about some good ole fashion lust!)

*French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face, a pucker kiss involves only two.

*The most important muscle in kissing is the orbicularis oris, also known as the kissing muscle, which allows the lips to “pucker.”

*Lips are 100 times more sensitive than the tips of the fingers. Not even genitals have as much sensitivity as lips.

*It is estimated that the average person will spend about 20,160 minutes kissing in their lifetime.

*Passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. A Hershey’s kiss contains 26 calories, which takes five minutes of walking–or about four minutes of kissing–to burn off.

*Women's lips take on a rosey-red hue after preforming oral stimulation due to the rush of blood to the lips and friction. (Wonder if Revlon makes that color?)

*Our brains have special neurons that help us locate each others lips in the dark. (In the dark, in the day light, by candle light or moon light, just please please please be good.)

Statements in italics are my thoughts.
Information and facts are complied from various websites and research.

5 comments:

B said...

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cjn said...

This is very interesting stuff. lol... I especially enjoyed your ad libs.

Anonymous said...

I read this forum since 2 weeks and now i have decided to register to share with you my ideas. [url=http://inglourious-seo.com]:)[/url]

Calliope said...

hmmm.......I tried the site but the one that popped up is in all spanish. Did I have the right site?

Big Geek said...

I read some where that babies can see in the infrared spectrum but loose that ability due to lack of use. I wonder if this isn't related to that some how.