Where We Are The Way We Were

Watching you carefully I drank my coffee and ate my dessert
From across the room I wanted to flirt
Smelling so good, making my senses completely alert
You wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt

Completely enthralled, hoping not to fall
Life no longer appeared so small
Because of you I could stand tall
So I gave you my all

I felt like a bright shinning star
You just sat and played your guitar
Where we ended up seems so bizarre
We are the way we are, now you live so far

2 comments:

fairyqueenness said...

Love it! Yeah, I had alot of inspiration on that one including yuorself and a close friend of mine. What can I say, you write some amazing stuff and it stays with me. Thanks for the comments and the inspiration. Love ya girly

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Guess I need to stop by and read more - you have been very busy.