Ethos

Ethos, meaning "showing moral character". To the Greeks ancient and modern, the meaning is simply "the state of being", the inner source, the soul, the mind, and the original essence, that shapes and forms a person.

In defining my inner state, the "who" of who I am, I have decided I can not help but be a passionate person. I do not know how to be anything other then what I am. I am very expressive and animated. I am slow to anger and quick to forgive. I am fiery and feisty, sassy and opinionated, but I believe it gives me depth as a human being not to be seen as a flaw.

I can find beauty in almost anything. I am very much drawn to the beauty of the human body and the ability one has to express their identity through it. What other people may perceive as flaws is what I find most beautiful in a person. To truly see someone, to really see "who" they are is a rare gift to be valued and cherished.

I love being a little naughty, it makes me who I am and it makes me feel alive, so I can't imagine life with out passion. I have an insatiable appetite, a thirst for affection and closeness. A need for human contact. To touch someone, to hold a hand, to gently caress them even in passing from one room to another.

I believe in living in the moment, and I can appreciate unpredictability. I want to grab every moment, enjoy every precious second, because you never know when it will be your last. Even though I want ever second to "count" I still like some things to have order. I am an optimist at heart but a realist in my head. I want to see the good in others and hope that things will fall into place as they should, but I can't help but to have a back up plan.

I like to make strong commitments and stick to them, but somehow, in some way I find myself questioning everything. Who am I? What do I want? How do I make my mark? Do the things I say and or do really make a difference?

I have lost my place.

4 comments:

cjn said...

I don't think you are lost, I think you are strong willed and know exactly who you are and what you want out of life! You are a leader!!! Anyone would be blessed to know you! If you ever doubt your way, just call out and I will direct you back "home".

Scott L. said...

I really like this. I like one of the last lines, "...Do the things I say and or do really make a difference?"

When things are "normal," at least what society says is normal, you think you have it figured out. Then life comes along and slaps you with the question that you have posed: "...do I really make a difference?"

I used to think we all had a grand purpose, i.e., that we were supposed to make a difference. But I now believe life is about survival; about taking care of yourself and the ones close to you.

Good post Calliope :)

that girl said...

this means something to me.

Anonymous said...

why not...