What I know.................

I know envy and I know greed
I know love and I know hate
I know anger and I know grief
With you my fears are suspended in disbelief

Things aren’t always black and white
And neither of us can always be right
I know what it is to be happy and I know what it is to be sad
It hasn’t always been good, but neither has it all been bad

I know I can feel lost, with you I feel found
Your breathe in my ear, a reassuring sound
I know right from wrong
I know I am always trying to be strong

I know lust and I know desire
When you touch my skin it feels on fire
With you I feel no shame I know only grace
When I see you I feel only a smile on my face

I know there are highs and there will be lows
I have known sorrow and I have known joy
The moment they handed me my baby boy
I know I have hurt and I know pain
But only love is to be gained

1 comment:

B said...

Of all the things I know, useless or knowledgeable I realized I really know nothing. Not until my daughter was given to me, and I learned something great and yet I really don't know a damn thing that holds as much love, joy, and hope in her sweet blue eyes.